To be sold by retail on the prescription of a Registered Medical Practitioner only.
• It is effective for treatment of male pattern hair loss/ androgenic alopecia.
• Since this medicine has finasteride, it is not advised for female pattern hair loss.
Mechanism of action :
• Minoxidil is a vasodilator, thereby it increases the blood flow to hair follicle making them stronger and preventing hair loss.
• Finasteride is a 5-alpha reductase inhibitor. It blocks production of DHT (which causes hair thinning) thereby preventing further hair thinning.
Directions for Use:
• Use it as per your doctors advice.
• Do not exceed the recommended dose.
• Use the medicine only on scalp. Do not apply on other body area.
• Apply directly on the dry scalp using the applicator. Check the label for directions before use.
• If you are using fingertips to rub the medicine, then thoroughly wash your hands afterwards.
• Do not apply on inflammed, irritated, infected or painful scalp skin.
• Do not allow the medicine to trickle on your forehead which can result in undesirable facial hair.
• Do not shampoo for 4 hours after the application since it can reduce the efficacy of medicine.
Duration of use and expected outcome results:
• You have to use it for 2 to 4 months before you see any result.
• Continued use is necessary to maintain and increase hair growth. On stopping it, hair loss/thinning will resume again.
• The amount of hair growth is different for each person. This product will not work for all persons.
• Some patients may notice increase hair fall during first few weeks of application. This is during to shedding of weak telogen hair by the growing hair under the influence of medicine. This temporary hair shedding is seen between 2 to 6 weeks of use. If hair shedding persists beyond 6 weeks, consult your doctor.
5. Side effects:
• Itching, dryness, redness, dermatitis, dandruff of scalp
• Unwanted facial hair
• Eye irritation
• Change in hair color and or texture
• Skin rash, swelling of face, lips, tongue or breathing difficulty, seek urgent doctor advice
• Dizziness, faintness, rapid heartbeat, chest pain especially if you have heart or blood pressure issue
Side effects, Special Note: (due to topical finasteride)
• Cautious use in pts with increased liver enzymes
• Testicular pain
• Decreased libido, erectile/ejaculation dysfunction
• Breast tenderness or enlargement
• Reduction in plasma DHT levels, but serum testosterone not affected
• May affect PSA levels. Notify your doctor if when interpreting serum PSA values
6. Safety Advice:
• WOMEN should not handle the bottle when they are pregnant or potentially pregnant
• Do not use it if you are allergic to minoxidil, finasteride or any other ingredients of this medicine (check the label on bottle for complete ingredients).
• Contraindicated in pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Keep out of reach of children.
• Consult your doctor if using in patients younger than 18 years or older than 60 years.
• Do not drive or use machinery since it may cause dizziness or low blood pressure
7. Warning and Precautions:
• If it comes in contact with eyes, nose or mouth, flush the area thoroughly with water.
• If it is consumed orally, rush to doctor immediately.
• If you have scalp disease or disorder like seborrheic dermatitis, scalp psoriasis, check with your doctor before using it.
• Do not apply on inflamed, irritated, infected or painful scalp skin.
• Consult your doctor before using it if you have hypertension or cardiac/heart problem.
• If you are taking medicine for high blood pressure, talk to your doctor before using it.
• If you have heart disease like abnormal heart rhythm, angina, chest pain or other issue, consult your doctor before using it
• If you are using any product on scalp like corticosteroids, tretinoin, coal tar, check with your doctor.
USP of this product
- Reputed Brand.
- Fortified with PROCAPIL