SCHEDULE ‘H’ DRUG:
WARNING: To be sold by retail on the prescription of a Registered Medical Practitioner only.
• It is effective in treating androgenic alopecia/ patterned hair loss.
• It is most effective in hair thinned area rather than bald area and more effective on top of scalp rather than in front hairline.
Mechanism of action:
• Minoxidil is a vasodilator, thereby it increases the blood flow to hair follicle. This provides more nutrition to hair follicle making them stronger and preventing hair loss.
Directions for Use:
• Use it as per your doctors advice.
• Do not exceed the recommended dose.
Duration of use and expected outcome results:
• You have to use it for 2 to 4 months before you see any result.
• Continued intake is necessary to maintain and increase hair growth. On stopping it, hair loss/thinning will resume again.
• The amount of hair growth is different for each person. This product will not work for all persons.
• Some patients may notice increase hair fall during first few weeks. This is due to shedding of weak telogen hair by the growing hair under the influence of medicine. This temporary hair shedding is seen between 2 to 6 weeks of use. If hair shedding persists beyond 6 weeks, consult your doctor.
LONITAB Tablets are contraindicated in pheochromocytoma.
Do not use if you are hypersensitive or allergic to minoxidil.
• Unwanted facial hair or body hair
• Skin rash, swelling of face, lips, tongue or breathing difficulty, seek urgent doctor advice
• Dizziness, faintness, rapid heartbeat, chest pain, swelling of legs especially if you have heart or blood pressure issue
• Unsafe to use in pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Keep out of reach of children.
• Consult your doctor if using in patients younger than 18 years or older than 60 years.
• Do not drive or use machinery since it may cause dizziness or low blood pressure
Warning and Precautions:
• Consult your doctor before using it if you have hypertension or cardiac/heart problem/ renal failure/dialysis patients.
Do not take the Lonitab if you are taking medications containing Guanethidine.
• If you are taking medicine for high blood pressure, talk to your doctor before using it.
• If you have heart disease like abnormal heart rhythm, angina, chest pain or other issue, consult your doctor before using it.
USP of this product
• Reputed brand
No local side effects